What in the heck does that title even mean?
Let me explain it to you.
Chocolate peanut butter cups.
Minus the peanut butter.
Plus roasted maple cinnamon almond butter.
Can you handle it?
First things first.
You need to make yourself a batch of maple cinnamon almond butter.
If you have an 11c [or larger] food processor, make sure to double the recipe.
It should be illegal to not have this nut butter on hand at all times.
Sea salt makes dessert better.
I just love the crisp ridges.
Chocolate Maple Cinnamon Almond Butter Cups [yields 12]
This lovely idea was inspired by reader, Brittany. She is the tour photographer for the [vegan] guys in The Giving Tree Band and makes these and other recipes of mine for them. How cool is that? I still geek out when people tell me they make my recipes. Brittany warned me these are really addictive. She was most definitely correct!
- 1lb bag semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
- 1/2-3/4c maple cinnamon AB
- 1T unrefined EV coconut oil [opt]
- almonds/coconut/coarse see salt [for garnish]
- Melt chocolate + oil in a large bowl, in 30sec increments in the microwave, stirring after each 30sec until smooth. [or use a double boiler over the stove]
- Line a muffin tin and pour about 1T of melted chocolate into the bottom of each liner.
- Spoon 3/4-1T of the almond butter on top of the chocolate.
- Cover with 1T of melted chocolate and lightly smooth out the surface, making sure the almond butter is covered.
- Top with a generous pinch of coarse sea salt and any other toppings you like.
- Refrigerate or freeze until set. Best if kept in the fridge or freezer.
tips/substitutions: If you don’t have coconut oil, do not sub in another oil, just leave it out. Dark chocolate chips would be ideal, as the almond butter is sweet. Sub any nut or seed butter you like.
This one’s dangerous.
I’m warning you!