Breakfast. Oats. Duh!
I noticed the Yogi Goji Berry cereal has chia seeds in it!! Love their cereals!! Added some almonds + strawb jelly + almond butter too!
Loving my new bowl :)
What is it about bloggers and their oats? I have always always loved oatmeal!!
I like almond butter but I prefer pnut butter, especially in oats. It gets way creamier and gooey.
Have you guys had the Oikos strawberry flavor?? I haven’t been able to find it in most stores, but it is BY far my favorite flavor of SF Greek yogurt.
Chris and I split one of the Rush pre-made, frozen bowls. It’s really only a serving for 1 but we both wanted to try it =) I had this one in the store. It was Bowl #1 from my post the other day. I let it sit out to thaw a bit but had to throw it in the microwave for about 30sec to soften it up.
The granola comes in a little bag separated by a little cardboard liner. It’s nice that they they include the granola but package it separately.
Definitely enough crunchy organic hemp granola in the little bag. mmm good
Went to the gym with my bro in law today and got in some good cardio. It’s pretty impossible + way too cold to run outside right now. Lots of snow/ice around..and fuh-reeeezing! 25min on an elliptical type machine + 15min on the bike + an intense ab workout!
I haven’t had quinoa or stuffed peppers in awhile, so dinner was a no brainer ;)
I also made some super spicy homemade dressing with my leftover chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, from last weeks mexi sloppy joes.
Bean + Quinoa Stuffed Peppers – serves 4
- 4 peppers
- 4oz pepperjack cheese
- 1 can black refried beans [I mixed 1/2 can black refried + 1/2 can pinto refried]
- 1.5c quinoa [rinse well before cooking]
- 1tsp cumin
- 1.5c veggie broth
- 1.5c water
- 8oz salsa
- Turn oven on 400*, half and de-seed peppers, rub with a little olive oil and roast for about 15-20min.
- With a pot on medium heat about 1T olive oil. When hot, add quinoa and stir for about 1-2min.
- Add in veggie brother + water. Once boiling, reduce head to med-low for about 15min, until all liquid is absorbed.
- In a bowl add quinoa, beans, salsa, cumin, s+p to taste and stir until combined.
- Reduce oven to 350* and stuff peppers with filling.
- Top with shredded cheese and bake for about 10min. Broil for 3-5min until the cheese is bubbly.
I really liked these!! Didn’t miss having meat in them at all.
Smokey Spicy Chipotle Dressing
- 4 Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1T fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1T soy sauce
- 2T veggie broth
- 1.5T mayonnaise [I use safflower mayo]
- 2-3T olive oil
- 1t brown sugar
- Add all ingredients to a blender, and blend away.
I also cubed some bread and broiled it with a little olive oil + salt/garlic. Homemade croutons are SO much better than boxed!!!!
Night all :)
Tomorrow I will have some gift lists + the results to my water shower challenge!!!