I have only had tempeh a few times but this recipe rocked my dinner world last night. It is a super easy recipe and a great way to ease yourself into trying something new.
Check it out on 101 Cookbooks. I followed it exactly, except I didn’t fresh squeeze my OJ..shame on me!
Heidi’s photo is about 100x more enticing looking than mine. The tempeh [West Soy brand] crisped up in the pan. I honestly tasted kind of like sweet glazed pork in a typical Chinese dish you might order. The husband was all about it as well.
We went to go see Kurtz + Hovan play some tunes last night. I’m not sure how to classify their music, but it was kind of low key jamming with some added on-the-spot lyrics. They were just filling in between bands. They had us rolling in laughter with the lyrics.
An impromptu guest…How to describe this song?? Well….it was special…
I had one of these! I forgot how much I love Red Stripe.
A little more jammin. Have you guys seen “I love you man?” Remember the part where he keeps sayin “slappin the base, man..”?? Ahh, love that movie…
Hovan was rockin’ out on the Harmonica…it was pretty impressive!
I have been a productive machine today!!! Check out what I’ve done so far:
- called state farm about insurance stuff
- called medical insurance about something [HATE making phone calls]
- vaccumed the entire downstairs
- cleaned the kitchen
- made breakfast + lunch
- 3 loads of laundry
- brushed kenna [shedding WAY too much for the winter]
- went through a huge stack of mail/papers/bills [yak!]
What else needs to get done today?
- finish organizing the upstairs
- hang a few more things on the walls
- recipe research for 24, 24, 24 [THIS saturday!!]
- get ready for Eric + Kelsey’s visit [thursday!]
I’m on a roll!
This morning’s oats:
Layered it UP!
- 1/3c pumpkin
- 1/3c Bob’s Red Mill Muesli
- 2/3c vanilla almond milk
- 1/4c SF Oikos vanilla
- pnut butter glob
Sorry about posting at all different times of the day recently!! I hope no one minds too much!
This was just o.k. I should have mixed it up completely. I’m not the biggest fan of 1/2 warm yogurt…Still totally edible however :)