What did I bring back from my trip to Ohio? Goodies from Trader Joe’s! This is Chris’s stash.
- gummy bears
- fruit leathers
- pita crackers
- pnut butter pretzels
- pnut butter cup trail mix [yum!]
The dogs galloped around the yard when I got home. They were WAY more excited than usual.
- peanut flour!! [these bags are SO much smaller than I thought they would be, from seeing them on other blogs]
- wine crackers [they just sounded delicious]
Looove this harvest grain blend!!! Also, a huge stash of mondel bread [a Jewish cookie] that my Aunt made for me. It’s one of my favorite cookies. I’m hoping to make it and share the recipe with you guys soon!
A small bag of organic spelt pancake mix, from the farmers market. I’m so excited to try this out!
I hit the banana jackpot at Natural Grocers today. I would say I got about 25 organic bananas for $2. These babies are about to be frozen!
Simple + delicious dinner.
tofu + kale + millet + pita
I made curried millet tonight, which was delicious! After dinner I also had an apple smeared with gobs of salt kissed cashew butter + maple cinnamon almond butter. I brought some of that back from Ohio. :) My hunger was through the roof today, with a long day of travel to blame. I was in bed at 2am and up at 6am [oops], then in the air by 9am and into Denver by 10am, with the time change. I hopped on a shuttle to get back to Ft. Collins and met Chris for lunch. Then, finally got home at 1pm [3pm Ohio time]. I basically ate continuously all day. My body was confused!
- 1c uncooked millet
- 1T olive oil
- 3c water
- 1 heaping Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 rounded tsp. curry powder
- 1t turmeric
- 1/2-3/4t garlic powder
- pinch of coriander
- ~1/4t fine grain sea salt
- cracked black pepper
- Heat a pot over medium heat with the olive oil.
- Rinse millet.
- Add to pan with seasonings and let brown for ~3min.
- Add tomato paste + water. Stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil, then lower heat to simmer.
- Simmer about 15-20min until liquid is absorbed.
- Fluff with fork and let cook a little longer to make sure all liquid has absorbed.
- Add more s+p to taste.
I finished a new header! Go check out Erin’s new look over at The Healthy Apron! I also finished another header about 1 month ago, for Kristin, at Cook Bake Nibble. Par of Kristin’s is a little covered up because we could not figure how to get rid of the black search bar! Oh well :) I really love both of the fonts that were used for these 2 headers.
Thursday? Already? Eek! Time to play catch up!
Thanks for all of your sweet comments on the photos I took of my cousins, that were posted yesterday. So much more to learn!
Oh yah…hoping to have the photos finished in the next few days, from the event I shot 2 weeks ago! More soon!!