The banana scramble is back! Thanks to ever-so-awesome Ashley for the original creation! I absolutely love it and it’s been far too long since I’ve made it. Today I made a few more changes and ended up with what I think is my favorite version yet!
This one was a bit firmer and easier to flip in the pan. I added less milk and changed a few other things. Along with the breakfast “cookie” I made the other morning, these are quick and easy breakfast options in the morning.
I tried to eat this as slowly as possible. It was crunchy from the toasted Ezekiel English muffin, nice + soft from the scramble, sticky from the pb+j and creamy from the banana. Lovely mix of textures and flavors.
Cinnamon Banana Scramble
- 3T rolled oats
- 1T ground flax meal
- 1T almond milk [or any milk]
- 1/2 banana
- 1t cinnamon
- splash of vanilla
- 1T unsweetened coconut
- Mash banana until wet with a fork.
- Mix in all other ingredients until holding together. [will be very soft]
- Heat + grease a pan over medium heat.
- Plop the scramble into the pan and shape into a patty, about 1/2” thick.
- Cook for about 3min until browned.
- Toast bread or english muffin.
- Flip + cook until the other side is browned.
- Top on toast and slather with peanut butter or other nut butter and whatever other toppings you want.
*This is not like a pancake in any way. It is thick and very soft. This particular though holds together much more than the others I’ve made though. This should also hold together much better in your pan when flipping. :)
It’s torturous to write this posts at night!!! Always make me hungry….and crave melty peanut butter.
I’m off to bed as this was an INsanely crazy day getting ready to leave for Cleveland tomorrow. I cooked up more than this banana scramble, but for now I need to get some sleep! Hopefully I’ll get another post up before I leave tomorrow.
But if not…just make this banana scramble for breakfast and you will completely forget about my short post.