I forgot to include a few photos on yesterday’s post! How could I?????????? Yesterday’s post was long enough anyway and probably left you sleeping at your desk.
This was definitely worth mentioning!!
Fact – It does work to microwave a sweet potato.
Fact – However, it tastes much better to bake a sweet potato.
The potato doesn’t dry out as much and the skin gets all crispy + delicious. It’s not like it’s all that hard. I’m sure you can find things to do, while it’s baking awaaaay.
I would rather sweat from the oven than eat my sweet tater micro-waved :)
Twice Baked Sweet Tater
- 1 gigantic sweet tater or yam
- ~6 shrooms of your choice, sliced
- ~1oz sharp white cheddar cheese – currently obsessed with Organic Valley
- 1-4T milk of choice
- Set oven to 375*
- Wash tater + stab with a fork all over.
- Throw in the oven.
- Cook for about 40min depending on how big your tater is.
- Take out and slice open. Scoop out the insides into a bowl.
- Mash with milk until somewhat smooth.
- Stuff back into the skin and bake at 400* for about 10min.
- Top with sliced shrooms + cheese and bake for another 5min
Sharp cheddar cheese maaaakes this meal!
Oatmeal photos that were also forgotten. I had an idea and had to show you!!
Summer plated oats!! This cooled the oats off much faster and kept me from sweating :) I like overnight oats, but sometimes it gives me a stomach ache…not sure what it is. I was missing my hot oats but now I know how to bring them back! With a side of iced coffee, it’s just perfect.
Still love Scottish Oats the best!
Berryific Scottish Oats
- 1/4c scottish oats [bob’s red mill]
- 1 1/4c water
- 1/2 banana
- 1/4c unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2t cinnamon
- ~1/2c blueberries
- ~1/4c raspberries
- Boil water.
- Whisk in oats and turn the heat down to a simmer.
- Let cook ~5min, until starting to thicken.
- Add in banana + cinnamon + milk.
- Whisk a few times until desired consistency is reached. Usually takes another 3-5min.
- Stir in fresh berries + top away!
Okaaaay on to MOndaaaaaaay!!
I love this fair trade, organic coffee. I buy it from Natural Grocers for about $6/lb. Such a good deal!
Cinnamon maple almond butter sauce – 1T nut butta’ + 1T milk + microwave ~20sec + stir = amazing
I made almost the same “plate” of oats as yesterday…however a few differences:
- I used rolled oats
- I topped it with jelly instead of the cocoa coco pnat butter
- Added in 1T chia seeds
I definitely prefer the sweeter + creamier flavor/texture of Scottish Oats.
However. They were still more than delicious. Loving this plating method!
Now, I have to tell you that I’m 100% obsessed with the garlic scape pesto. OBsessed. So far I have enjoyed it on:
- off a spoon
- on millet
- on amaranth
- on a sweet tater
A good friend of mine, Sarah, stopped by today. We know each other from Ohio State and she moved out here a few months ago. We were chatting away and I realized I was starving, so I whipped up a nice lunch. Sarah was up for trying a complete plate of new-to-her foods.
And she loved them!
- salt + pepper kale chips
- millet cooked with veggie broth + water
- huge glob of garlic scape pesto
- topped with vegan parm cheese
LOVE the crunch of the kale and the soft, creamy millet. And the garlic scape pesto….mmmmmm
I made a new avocado pudding concoction. It was good, but not recipe worthy. I’ll work on it! But I’ll tell you what it’s contents were.
- splash of oat milk
- topped with cacao
Still more than edible!
And my blurry but delicious dinner!!!!!!
- bake a sweet potato
- mash with skin on and a little milk
- top with a heaping pile of garlic scape pesto + vegan parm cheese
- add a salad on the side with fresh snap peas!
Prepare to be stuffed and satisfied. YUM.
Okay…phew! Still with me?
On to my workout for the day.
- vigorous cleaning for 2hrs
- walked to the rec center .75m
- evening swim – the lanes were packed so I couldn’t just zone out and swim for my usual 45+min…instead I swam my little heart out for 30min
- walked the long way home ~2.25m
- walked the dogs
Still have to get some yoga in!! Last night, at midnight, I did 30min of Hip Opening Flow from yoga download. It was faaabulous to do before bed. I was completely relaxed! I’m about to do that again but I think I’m going to try a 20min yoga download that a reader suggested.
Tomorrow is going to be busy. I have more cleaning + putting away…I haven’t unpacked from Ohio yet, hehe. AND the huz gets home TOMORROW!!! I’m soooo flippin’ excited! It’s only been 3 weeks, but has felt like 2 months. I haven’t even talked to him in a full week!