Before the video, let’s talk food.
I checked a few blogs before making breakfast this morning and discovered something amazing thanks to miss Angela. She said she has seen this on other blogs, however it is new to me.
Peanut Butter Banana Topping
- 1/2 banana
- 1-2t maple syrup
- 1T peanut butter
It was hard to leave this in the bowl while the oats cooked. It’s sort of like the banana scramble, but less ingredients and you don’t cook it. Both are completely delicious. I DEFinitely could have just slapped this on a bagel or english muffin but this morning it was an oat topper.
Gaaaah!! I loved adding the banana for the flavor but also it’s spreadability factor + creaminess. Angela added coconut butter, which would also be amazing. I can’t wait to try it with my maple cinnamon almond butter, which I’ve been out of for a week! Ah!
Blackberry Stuffed Scottish Oats
- 1/4c Scottish oats
- 1 1/4c water
- 1/3c unsweetened coconut milk
- 1T chia seeds
- 1/2 banana
- 1t cinnamon
- 1/2c frozen blackberries [they thawed perfectly when stirred in at the end]
Cook as directed in my crazy Oat explanation from the other day.
Top with: cacao nibs + banana deliciousness + jelly
Oooh…eaten out of my *new* rectangular plate-bowl. Perfect for my summer plated oats! The spoon is an older C+B purchase and it’s actually an iced tea spoon ;) I loves it.
Gobbled these right UP.
Lunch started with:
- locally made whole wheat tortilla
- local goat cheese [haystack mountain, my fav!]
- heirloom plum tomato
It was filled with:
- sautéed portabella
- 2 whisked eggs
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl.
- Pour over sautéed veg and cover with foil or lid. [med-low heat]
- Do not stir or scramble the eggs. Just let cook until done ~3-5min.
- Slide out of pan, top on tortilla, wrap + cut.
I love goat cheese! [but I didn’t always!]
Today was a good day of EATS.
Lemony garlic green beans. YUM. Picked these up at the market today on S. Pearl St. I was not impressed at all. Boo. There was a wide variety but 90% of the produce was not local and much of it was also not organic. Ohhh well.
Salad in our new amazing salad bowls, that were on sale! Another C+B purchase yesterday. They are the PERfect size for salads. I love that it is really wide, like plate size, but has the rounded bowl-like sides. Hmmm, also a good cereal bowl :) I have been out of GREENs for a few days now and have been craving them like craZy!
- local organic lettuce [purchased from Natural Grocers]
- croutons [toasted a slice of bread]
- haystack mountain goat cheese
- hemp oil/balsamic/apple cider vin
On the side was a grain mix I got at Trader Joes, while I was home in Cleveland. It was extremely delicious. I loved the different textures. It had a mix of Israeli couscous – red quinoa – baby garbanzo beans – and a few other delicious things.
Lemony Garlic Green Beans
- 3 handfuls of green beans, washed and ends trimmed
- 1 lemon
- 1T olive oil
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- Saute garlic in the olive oil over medium for about 1min.
- Add green beans.
- Squeeze the juice of 1/2 lemon and slice the rest of the lemon and add to the pan.
- Stir as needed and cook until desired doneness is reached. [~8min for me]
And now it’s time to embarrass myself! Actually, I was excited to make this video and briefly tell you a few things I’m working on with my barefoot running. I like having Chris photograph and/or video me because then I can check out my form and see what I might be doing wrong.
It was a great little 200-250yd run. My feet felt great!
And my gross foot. Just dirt though, no blisters or cuts! Actually, if anything, the ground is making my feet extremely soft! I’ll talk about preventing blisters when barefoot running soon!
Sorry to leave you with a photo of my gross foot. I’ll try not to do it frequently…but I know you’re all concerned for my toes! hehe
I guess I can also tell you the rest of my workout today:
- walked in my VFF’s for 3 miles around the park and back home
- walked Dakota about 1mile? [Chris walked Kenna]
- little barefoot run
strength training: everything below x3
- bicep curls [20lbs]
- tricep extensions [20lbs]
- lateral shoulder raise [10lbs]
- front shoulder raise [10lbs]
- standing shoulder press [10lbs]
- lunges [10lbs]
- a few different types of crunches
Then I foam rolled it out and did a few yoga stretches and it felt sooo gooood! Goooooodnight!