It’s been a busy day preparing for them!
Breakfast – Banana Scramble – quick.easy.nutritious.delicious.
Cinna Chia Cacao Banana Scramble
- 1/2 banana
- 1-2T pnut butter
- 1/2-1t cinnamon
- 3T oats
- 2T milk [any type]
- 1/2T chia seeds
- 1T unsweetened shredded coconut
- ~1/2T cacao nibs
- Mash with a fork, until well combined.
- Heat + grease a pan on medium heat.
- Plop into pan and flatten a bit.
- Let sick + cook for 3-5min.
- Flip or mash around and cook another 3-5min until browned.
This one flipped perfectly…but they don’t always!
Oh.so.tasty. Topped with jelly!
Then it was time to start cleaning. I had to make a new batch of my cleaning products as I was almost out of my all-purpose + glass cleaner. They are so easy to make and I’ve definitely gotten my money’s worth out of the ingredients already. I also made a bathroom scrub. Details in this post.
A little squeeze of lemon in the all-purpose cleaner. It’s the best cleaner I’ve ever used. LOVE it.
The best summer snack. Thirst quenching and cold. YUM.
Have you tried these crackers?? They are EXcellent!! I love the flavor and crispiness. Seriously, so good and the nutritional facts are also great!
In between all of the cleaning, I managed to squeeze in a 16m bike ride. It rocked. I also did a quick ab workout + pushups. What I need to do more of is YOGA. I got in about 10min today and it wasn’t enough.
The other day I was inspired by a recipe over at The Active Foodie for her Watermelon, Cucumber and Mint Agua Fresca. I didn’t have mint and just wanted something refreshing after a long day of cleaning in the hot house. This was perfect!!
Watermelon Cucumber Smoothie
- 2-3c ice
- 3-4c cubed, de-seeded watermelon
- 1/2 large cucumber
- juice from 1/2 of a lemon
- If using a standard blender, you may want to peel the skin off of the cucumber so there is no pulpy cucumber skin. The vitamix was able to plow through almost all of it. I didn't mind the few bits that were left, but if you're worried about the skin go ahead and peel :)
- Blend until smooth.
I looooved the combo of watermelon + cucumber. It was really refreshing and I loved the slightly icy consistency. Chris made a BAD face when he tasted this and said “no bueno!” ;) We’re usually on par with foods/drinks we like but not this one. If you really like cucumber + watermelon give this a try!
Such a hydrating, healthy drink!
Perfect for summer.
Off to hang with our friends!! We’re bouldering in the morning in Boulder. Very excited!!