Thanksgiving was amazing.
We spent the day + evening in Denver with some of our best friends.
We’ve done this three years in a row, and while I miss my family dearly, it’s such a fun day to celebrate with friends.
The group girl photo tradition continues.
Somehow, we’ve lucked out with the weather 3 years in a row. It was 60* and sunny this year. Just fabulous.
So what did I bring along?
Vanilla Bean Pumpkin Spiced Pie with an Oatmeal Walnut crust
Gooey Chocolate Cakes – I prepped the wet + dry ingredients in separate containers and brought along muffin tins, liners + ice cream. Right after dinner I mixed them up and stuck them in the oven. Having a fresh, warm baked dessert was fabulous.
Herb Baked Stuffing double cooked in the crock pot. [photo below was from the original recipe]
Herb Baked Crock Pot Stuffing
- 2 batches of Herb Baked Stuffing + Stuffing Mixture
- 2 eggs
- 3-4c veggie stock
- 4-6T butter
- s+p to taste
- Preheat oven to 400*
- Let fully cool, then cube into about 1/2-1” pieces and spread on a large baking sheet.
- Bake 10-15min, turning once, until golden brown.
- Whisk together 2T melted butter, 3c veggie stock + 2 eggs.
- Place cubes in the crock pot, add cooked stuffing mixture, pour the stock mixture on top, and gently stir to coat.
- Break up remaining 2-4T butter and spread out on the top of the stuffing.
- Place on high for 1hr, then switch to low for 4-8 hours.
- After cooking for 4hrs, add 1c more broth. Don’t mix. If keeping on low or warm past 6hrs, you may need to add 1c more broth.
Ahh, stuffing. My favorite. I’ve been snacking on the leftovers straight out of the fridge all morning + night. The bread becomes extremely doughy and soft, but not mushy, and the ring of stuffing around the edge of the pot becomes nice and crisp. This has a very traditional, stuffing flavor, which is exactly what I wanted. I was slightly nervous about serving this, using the gluten free herb bread, but it ended up being a huge hit!
There is no reason why this can’t be an all-winter-long dish. Why do I forget about stuffing past Thanksgiving? No more!
I promise to have a non-Thanksgiving related post and/or recipe soon.
Enjoy the weekend!