Happy Valentine’s Day lovely readers!
Today is my EIGHTH year dating anniversary with Chris!! We still like to celebrate our dating anniversary, because it’s when everything started. No big plans though. We’re just making dinner together, which is one of my favorite things to do!
Now, I’m going to show a little love to one of my most favorite foods!
Peanut butter. Oooh la la
My all time favorite cereal, might just be Peanut Butter Crunch. I’ve given up the Cap’n and switched to the Barbara’s or EnviroKids a few years back. All are delicious, but none that healthy.
Peanut butter slathered oatmeal is indeed delicious, however I miss the cold cereal crunch.
It’s not quite as crunchy, but will surely do!
I now introduce you to Peanut Butter Puffmaranth!
If this doesn’t make you fall in love with popped amaranth cereal, I don’t know what will.
Peanut Butter Puffmaranth [serves 1]
- 1/4-1/3c amaranth
- 1.5T peanut butter
- 1.5c unsweetened almond milk
- 2t maple syrup
- 1/4t cinnamon
- Make popped amaranth according to directions.
- Stir in cinnamon.
- In a bowl whisk almond milk, maple syrup + peanut butter together, until fully combined. [You could also quickly throw it in a blender, or use an immersion blender as well]
- Pour over cereal + dig in.
Topping ideas: salted peanuts, banana, coconut, raisins, chocolate chips, etc.
This made me very, very happy. A huge bowl of cereal that tastes delicious and is nutritionally stacked. It keeps me full as long or longer than oatmeal. Outrageous!
Thanks for weighing in on our kitchen decision. It was fun to hear what everyone had to say. The color palette we like the most is the Calm, Clean + Light! I would say it was split 50/50 on what people liked the most. I’m so glad Chris + I have the same taste style-wise.
[also…the tile floor looks slightly blue here, but it’s definitely charcoal and the granite has no blue in it either…the blue will just be in the backsplash]
Besides just liking this color scheme more than the brown/beige, here is some of our reasoning…
- the kitchen is very small, so white cabinets will make it feel much larger than dark wood with the brown/beige scheme
- the blues, whites + grays give a light + clean feeling, which will help make for a brighter kitchen, which is also good for a small space
- it’s different, fresh, calming + fun
- definitely speaks more to our style, clean + contemporary…the beige look is a little too “safe” ;)
- the charcoal tile floor will make crumbs more apparent, which is a good thing, so I see to clean them up…they’re more likely to blend in on a light floor
- the charcoal floor will help hide Kenna’s black hair
Check back later tomorrow for another detox recap…it’s been 5 weeks! [3 weeks detox, 2 weeks dairy reintroduction]
Off to catch some zzz’s….
Hope you have a lovely day!