Let it be known, the first bowl of oatmeal has been made.
And it didn’t disappoint! The slight crunchy/chewiness from chopped oat groats + buckwheat gives this bowl amazing texture. The egg amps up the volume and makes the creamiest bowl of oats, you could ever imagine.
New House Oats
- 1/4c Scottish oats [ground from whole oat groats]
- 1T buckwheat groats
- 3/4c water
- 3/4c almond milk
- 1t cinnamon
- 1/2 banana, thinly sliced
- 1t vanilla
- 1 large egg
- Love Grown Foods granola
- peanut butter
- Whisk together oats, buckwheat, water, almond milk, cinnamon and banana in a pot over medium heat, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a a low boil and whisk every minute or so. Cook time will be about 10-15min.
- In the last 2-3min, stir in vanilla and whisk in the whole egg until well combined.
- Let sit 2min, whisk, then pour into bowl.