The other night when Kelsey tossed popcorn with butter, cinnamon, + sugar, I had a flashback to my childhood. We always had a little spice container of cinnamon sugar, that I used to shake all over buttered toast.
My favorite sugary cereal, definitely used to be cinnamon toast crunch.
I’ve always been a lover of cinnamon, and I don’t think that’s ever going to change. Now, why + when did I stop sprinkling this delightful treat on my toast?
Cinnamon Sugar Toast Mix
- 1.5t sugar
- 1/4t cinnamon
- 1/8t vanilla extract [optional]
- Mix together + sprinkle on buttery toast…or oatmeal!
Have you ever eaten oatmeal with butter + brown sugar or cinnamon sugar? That used to be my go-to combo!
I savored every single bite of this crunchy, buttery, sugary sweet toast. The salty butter balances the cinnamon sugar perfectly. It was obviously accompanied by three farm fresh eggs.
These eggs are not scrambled and they’re not sunny side up or fried. So what are they?
Pour, poke + spread eggs! [step by step post]
Pour, Poke, + Spread Eggs
- Heat a pan over medium-low heat and lightly spray or oil your pan to prevent sticking.
- Crack however many eggs in a bowl, and pour into the pan.
- Poke the yolk[s] with a metal spatula or fork.
- Spread around the pan, and cover with foil.
- Let cook until desired doneness. [Because of the foil, you do not have to “scramble” or “flip” the eggs to cook them. The heat will circulate and cook the top.]
- Slide out of the pan with the spatula.
I always leave my eggs sliiightly runny. This is my favorite way to cook eggs. It’s perfect for adding to a veggie burger sandwich as well.
I’m still chomping on the gluten free bread from Great Harvest and it’s delicious. It’s a very thick bread with a nice nutty + slight honey flavor. Definitely a great once in awhile, bread craving treat!
Time to get ready for the wedding!