My cinnamon sugar obsession continues. It started with buttered toast, and now I just can’t get it off my breakfast bowl or plate.
Popped amaranth sprinkled with the cinnamony sweet treat? Oh yes.
I used 1t cinnamon + 2t sugar + 1/4t vanilla, mixed it together and sprinkled it on top. It mixed up really well when I poured the milk in! Don’t let this puffed cereal deceive you. It’s extremely filling + nutrient dense!
Oh yesterday morning’s oats.
Cinnamon sugary goodness.
- 1/4c oat bran
- 1/4c rolled oats
- 2T Raw Protein [stirred in at the end]
- 1c milk of choice
- 3/4c water
- 1/2t cinnamon + 1/2T sugar + 1/4t vanilla
- 1T peanut butter
- almond milk drizzled on top
Love how the sugar melts on top. I love adding milk to the top of my oatmeal bowls!
Next up? Oatmeal on a plate?
Serving oatmeal on a plate is my favorite way to enjoy oats in the summer. It cools things down much more quickly!
Cinnamon Sugar Blueberry Cheesecake Oats
- 1/4c steel cut oats
- 1T rolled oats
- 1T oat bran
- 1/4-1/3c 2% cottage cheese
- 1c frozen organic blueberries
- 1/2t vanilla extract
- 1c milk of choice
- 1c water
- 1t cinnamon + 1/2T sucanat
- In a pot over medium heat, combine oats, oat bran, milk + water.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer, stirring every minute or so.
- Cook 8-14min until desired consistency is reached. You can also taste to check the doneness of the steel cut oats. If the liquid is absorbed but they are still too crunchy add a few extra tablespoons of milk or water.
- In the last 2-3min of cooking, stir in the frozen blueberries, cottage cheese + vanilla. If using fresh, stir in the last 1min.
- Top with walnuts + cinnamon.
The brown sugary taste of the sucanat, made things extra delicious.
I’m not sure I can’t stop this cinnamon sugar habit anytime soon.
And I’m pretty sure there is no reason to.
In other exciting news….
My fridge is restocked with 2lbs of organic strawberries. These will be gone with in a matter of days, before Chris even realizes they’re in the fridge.
Back to the grind!