…was just too good not to share!
Quick Sweet Tater + Bean Tacos
- 1 small sweet tater [or 1/2 of a large]
- 1/2c kidney beans
- 2 small corn tortillas
- s+p to taste
- 1-2t Earth Balance [or butter]
- garlic gold nuggets [~1t]
- nutritional yeast
- Cut the sweet tater into cubes, place in a bowl with a few drops of water, and microwave until mashable. ~3min
- While microwaving, heat a large pan over medium heat on the stove and lightly grease.
- Place corn tortillas in the pan and crisp on both sides. ~5min total
- Mash the sweet potato and mix in the salt, pepper, garlic gold + Earth Balance.
- Mix in the beans with the sweet taters.
- Assemble tacos: tortillas –> small handful spinach –> sweet tater mixture –> nutritional yeast –> salsa
Kidney beans are slightly sweet, which pair really well with sweet potatoes. If you don’t have them on hand, black beans would be a great sub.
And chow down.
Gluten free + vegan without even trying! However, I’m sure cheese + a dollop of plain Greek yogurt would be exceptional toppers as well! You could even make this at work if you assemble the sweet tater mixture at home. Store everything separate containers, heat the tortillas and sweet taters and assemble the same way.
I love corn tortillas. So chewy + flavorful! These happen to be the Food for Life brand which are organic + sprouted, and pretty cheap as well!
Hope you’ve eaten something delicious today!