1. Use perfectly ripe, organic strawberries, for a recipe that you are 75% sure will fail.
2. Be sure to chop the strawberries into pieces that are too large, so the batter is hard to spread in the mini bundt pan.
3. Make 2 chia eggs, with ground chia seeds, in place of 2 real eggs.
4. Stir the batter a few times too many.
5. Forget to add the sugar [sucanat], and add it on top of the cakes before baking.
6. Take them out of the oven for 2 minutes, thinking they’re done when they’re not and then put them back in.
7. Still slightly undercook them and carelessly remove them from the pan.
8. Eat them anyway, because you can’t waste those fresh strawberries!
My first gluten free + vegan baking experience was a bit of a fail. They taste delicious, but as you can see, the texture is off. They’re a bit doughy/gummy, but for some reason, I cannot stop eating them!
Anyone want to come over and help me polish off these sub-par cakes?
Better luck next time.