iPhone captures below
10 things from the week:
- Before inviting people over to pick up doughnuts be sure to check your face and clothing for crusty, dried doughnut batter. Thanks for noticing, Kelsey [and happy birthday!!!!!].
- Doughnut tasting is the new lunch.
- Expect to make each doughnut at least twice because each recipe has to be juuust riiiight. And because you are partially insane.
- Turn the freaking oven timer on!!!!!
- I have a low tolerance for sugar and can now be found shaking Monday –> Friday…and probably Saturday + Sunday as well.
- Know that if I invite you over for doughnuts I will most likely be covered in doughnut batter, have fruit smeared on my face, and look like a hot, sweaty mess. Thank you 90* heat and no A/C!
- Also know that you are most likely the first person I have seen in the entire day and you are about to hear me talk about that day’s doughnut drama for 37 minutes before I let you eat any.
- Explaining to people that I make + photograph doughnuts will never sound like a difficult job. I swear it is.
- There is just no possible way to “clean as you go.” Impossible!
- I need a boss. Or an assistant. Or more people to taste doughnuts.
If this post makes no sense refer here.