1. I like babies. A lot. You may remember Tate from a few months back. He is growing like a weed! I love babysitting for my friends’ kids.
2. I also like bluegrass music. A lot. Last weekend we checked out Greensky Bluegrass at Mishawaka Amphitheatre along the Poudre River. Fabulous location for a music venue. Per usual, Greensky did not disappoint.
3. My friends do amazing things and I just have to share them with you. Below you’ll see info for an outstandingly impressive language app for kids called, Gus On the Go. Alice + Yono created this app from start to finish. If you have an iPad and you have a kid be sure to check out Gus On the Go!
4. Answer me this.
My cucumber plants [back right] are growing like weeds! They are flowering [underneath] and expanding every single day but there are NO signs of cucumbers.
The same goes for my 4 pepper plants [front right]. Growing, growing, growing, and flowering, but NO peppers.
5. The chard continues to flourish and I continue to scarf it down. I planted more butter lettuce, spinach, kale, and romaine about 3 weeks ago and it’s coming along nicely after being a no-show a few months back.
6. New favorite yogurt. Nothing else to say about that. Just go get some.
7. Can you believe I’m telling you about TWO apps that TWO different friends launched in the same week?? My sister-in-law’s sister-in-law [got that??] created this app with a little sound effect help from her husband. Britta’s inspiration? Their sweet little girl, Hazel. With DinoChime you can paint, play a xylophone, or poke a dinosaur to hear different musical dino-notes! Check it out at the iTunes store!
8. If you visit our house you will most definitely encounter some kind of construction project. We’ve been going strong for 1.5yrs on fixing up this house. Exhausting but rewarding.
The other night Chris decided it was time to say goodbye to the ramp out the back door. There was absolutely no reason for it to be there.
11. I may have forgotten to mention that I recently made a camera upgrade. I’m currently working with the Canon 7D and have been for the past 3 months. We got a killer deal on the Canon site. It was a refurbished body and they had an extra 20% off refurbished equipment when we bought it.
My [errr, Chris’s!] Canon Rebel xti served me well, but it was time to move on.
Size comparison. Both fitted with a 50mm. I have the 50mm 1.8 on the Rebel and the 50mm 1.4 on the 7D. And yes, there is a noticeable difference in quality between the two lenses.
I don’t know 1/2 of the capabilities of the 7D yet, but I couldn’t be happier with it.
12. Also new to the equipment lineup is my very first flash. This is Canon’s new 600EX-RT. I bought it mainly for the upcoming weddings I’ll be shooting. Yes weddings. Four of them. Yes I am scared.
It will be extremely helpful to have both camera bodies at the wedding. I can keep the 50mm on one and the 70-200 lens on the other and easily switch back and forth.
13. The lens lineup, thanks to Chris putting this set together about 4.5 years ago. The only lens purchase since then was my 50mm 1.4 in January.
From left to right:
- Tamron 28-75 f/2.8L
- Canon 70-200L f/4
- Sigma 10-20 f/4-5.6
- Canon 50mm f/1.4
14. Wedding safety kid!
- 3 camera batteries + charger [I’m paranoid]
- 16 batteries for the flash [better safe than sorry]
- 32gb [new], 16gb [new], 8gb, 4gb, 2gb memory cards on hand
- Black Rapid camera strap – I’ve heard this is a must have!
- flash diffuser cap – a little hard to see on the white table
15. My very first wedding is THIS Saturday. You may remember my friends Jenna + Dave from a few months back. They’re getting married near Winter Park, CO and I’m honored, excited, and slightly nervous to capture their big day.
16. Happppppppy weekend. Be on the lookout for a BIG announcement next week! It has nothing to do with babies.