1. May 1st. Yup.
2. My mom is headed here on Thursday! I am super excited. We have a few plans but nothing too crazy. I am very much looking forward to the time relaxing with, cooking for, and eating with my mama! She is pretty cool. You would like her for sure.
[photo from last year]
3. 5 blogs I am totally digging right now.
Thug Kitchen : I feel there are no words to describe the awesomeness of this healthy cooking blog. It is IN YOUR FACE amazing and also written by a guy. The FAQ page says it all.
Oh, Ladycakes : If you are not yet hip to Ashlae’s blog get ready to be blown away. The recipes are tested to perfection [vegan and commonly gluten-free] and her photos make you think you can actually pluck the food right off your screen. And wow, can this girl tell a story.
Love & Lemons : Not only am I obsessed with the incredibly well-functioning + pretty design [just check out the recipe search feature], but also the simple + stunning photos. And don’t even get me started on the recipes. The food speaks on this blog.
Top with Cinnamon : I don’t even know where to start with this one. Maybe with the fact that Izy is only 17 years old!! This girl is going places. Just check out the stop motion video + photos from her latest post and you’ll get it. 17!!
4. Interested in making your own body butter at home? I just wrote a guest post over at Live Well 360 for a 3-ingredient Coconut Body Butter. Head on over + check it out!
5. Your vote was heard and pancakes were the winner for the Tres Leches recipe that will be featured on Friday. These are life changing pancakes. I promise you that!
6. Currently cooking a million things from the Sprouted Kitchen cookbook and loving them all. Favorite recipe so far: lentil meatballs + lemon basil pesto
7. I started lifting weights more intensely a few months back. This has caused me to want to eat EVERYTHING IN SIGHT. Not unlike the norm but now amplified even more.
8. This past weekend it was 80 degrees outside. I know this contradicts photo #1 but I promise it’s true! I went on 2, 20-mile hilly bike rides on back-to-back days. This also made me want to eat ALL THE FOOD. And I did.
9. My herb garden is currently living indoors. Refer to photo #1 for the reason. Fingers crossed I keep these alive.
rosemary, thyme, lemon thyme, basil, purple basil, parsley, chives, oregano
10. Is it a bad sign when you hear your phone ringing in your head when it’s not actually ringing?? Why do I feel like I can hear that noise in my head? It happens when I’m doing things like washing the dishes. I always think I hear my phone. I don’t even get more than 1 phone call a day, if that! Please tell me I am not alone. Otherwise my craziness will be confirmed.
Your turn! Tell me something random!