Thought I’d pop in today with some of the highlights from AJ’s visit. Instead of the usual 10 things worth noting there were a few extra additions that couldn’t go unmentioned. We had an absolute blast showing AJ around Colorado and it gave us a nice distraction from all of the moving + renovation madness.
Big thanks to AJ for going with the flow, putting up with our construction zone of a house, being up for anything, and trying new things. I hope this trip was the perfect pre-college vacation with memories to last a lifetime. xo Ashley
Tastes + Adventures [some photographed, some not]
- simple black bean burgers – always delicious + perfect for an afternoon cookout
- Downpours coffee – they make homemade almond milk!
- REI downtown Denver – the biggest adventure/outdoor store you’ve ever seen
- Chipotle Cultivate Festival – free! music, food, drinks
- drive up Loveland Pass to the continental divide – free!
- Georgetown – mountain town with quaint downtown area
- Lucha Cantina – in Georgetown and highly recomment for lunch or dinner – definitely get their chips + salsa!
- Red Rocks – free to roam with lots of trails + exploring, plus access to the amphitheater
- Confluence/Centennial Park in Denver – fabulous downtown park area
- Denver Museum of Nature + Science – free admission the day we visited!
- Boulder Pearl Street Pedestrian Mall – free to roam + people watch + shop + eat – you’ll definitely catch a handful of street performers as well
- Illegal Pete’s – better than Chipotle and worth a visit
- Flagstaff Mountain – breathtaking mountain + city of Boulder views
- Sweet Cow – this may be tied with my love for Jeni’s ice cream!