I don’t suppress my cravings.
Instead, I find creative ways to give in to them.
Craving chocolate? For breakfast?
Not a problem!
My favorite buckwheat breakfast bake yet!
Cocoa Banana Buckwheat Bake [serves 1]
- 1/4c ground raw buckwheat groats [grind to soft powder in blender or spice/coffee grinder]
- 1T raw buckwheat groats
- 1/2 large banana, mashed [~1/3c]
- 1 1/2t vanilla extract
- 1/3c unsweetened almond milk
- 2-3t maple syrup
- 2-3t unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 flax egg [2.5T warm water + 1T ground flax meal, whisked] or 1 egg white
- 1T chia seeds
- 1/4t baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350*
- Whisk flax egg together and set aside for ~3-5min.
- In a small bowl mash banana until egg-like.
- Mix in almond milk + vanilla with a fork.
- Mix in buckwheat, buckwheat groats, cocoa powder, baking powder, and chia seeds.
- Mix in flax egg.
- Lightly grease a small oven-safe dish, add mixture, smooth, and bake for 30 minutes. [I used a personal size soup crock]
*If you don’t have buckwheat, you can sub 1/3c rolled oats. Steel cut oats do not work well for this. I haven’t experimented using oat bran yet.
*For a quick cooking, microwave version, check my recipe page under “breakfast – oatmeal + buckwheat cookies”
walnuts + peanut butter + banana + coconut
And then some.
Craving chocolate? For lunch?
*Don’t forget* I wanted to pass along the door to door organics discount code!!! Check their site to make sure delivery is available in your area [it’s somewhat limited]. Just enter the coupon code: edibleperspective right here and you will receive 40% OFF your first box of FOOD!!!!! Amazing!