Lightroom just got the best of me. Adobe Lightroom. The photo editing program I use. It has nothing to do with the actually photo editing, but the technical side of using the program. There are a numerous ways you can easily mess up your file system, and I seem to have done that. Numerous ways.
So, while trying g-chatting with the amazing, fantastic, Laura, who was trying to help me out, I gave myself a nice big stress-induced headache.
Now, what is actually awesome and not sarcastically awesome, is this breakfast.
I have gone through so many phases of what I mix into my oats, the actual oat combination, cooking method, type of oat, etc. I’ve claimed certain things to be “the best” or “my favorite,” only to find something that is even better.
I’m not claiming this as the best. But it’s definitely up there.
I actually whipped banana into my oats, and added cinnamon + vanilla. Something I haven’t done in quite some time! I’m also currently really enjoying about 3T of Raw Protein mixed into my oats, at the very end. I don’t notice a texture difference, but almost a more “oaty” flavor. It also thickens them up and keeps me satiated longer. I’m not a huge fan of mix ins, and protein powders generally, but I feel that this powder is actually real food!
Check out this ingredient list. [source]
But the protein powder is not the star of the show. It’s the crisp, sweet strawberries and the crunchy, cinnamon almond butter.
Strawberry Banana Oats
- 4T rolled oats
- 4T oat bran
- 1c milk of choice
- 3/4c water
- 3T protein powder
- 3 large strawberries
- 1/2 banana, thinly sliced
- 1/2 banana for topping
- 2T Cocoa Goodness Love Grown Foods granola
- 1 heaping T Cinnamon Crunch AB
- 1t cinnamon
- 1/2t vanilla
- In a pot over medium heat, whisk together oats, oat bran, milk water, 1/2 thinly sliced banana + cinnamon.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to simmer, stirring every 1-2min until desired thickness is met.
- Stir in protein powder + vanilla. Add a few splashes of milk if it becomes too thick.
- Top with granola, banana, strawberries + nut butter.
Time to put this headache to bed!