My name is Ashley and I currently live in Denver, CO with my husband and our two crazy dogs. This blog was created in 2009. At the time, my husband and I had just moved cross country from Charlotte to Colorado. While furiously job hunting (my background is in architecture) I created this blog to keep busy. At the time, I knew absolutely zero about photography and a little bit about cooking.
After previously writing off learning how to use Chris’s dSLR camera, I decided to one day just pick it up and see what happened. That was one of the best decisions I have ever made. When I started this blog my goal was to share my adventures in the kitchen and document the process along the way. I never could have guessed this whole thing would turn into a career, and I couldn't be happier about it.
I currently write, create, and develop this blog and also work as a freelance photographer and recipe developer.
To see more of my photography work head to Ashley McLaughlin Photography.
A little more about me:
- I currently shoot with a Canon 5d Mark III. Prior to that I used a Canon 7d and before that, a Canon Rebel XTi.
- Current lenses: Canon 100mm f/2.8 L, Canon 35mm f/1.4 L, Canon 50mm f/1.4
- My passion for food spurred from my grad school thesis on Food + Architecture.
- I hate beets and cilantro and haven't eaten meat or fish in 5 years.
- I love raw honey, farm fresh eggs, cinnamon, large breakfasts, and wine.
- Breakfast is my favorite meal.
- I have a split type A + type B personality.
- In 2009, I owned + operated a granola bar business. I sold my bars at a farmers' market and a few stores in Charlotte, NC. It was fun while it lasted but closed when we decided to move to Colorado.
- Staying active is a part of my everyday life. This includes: walking the dogs, snowboarding down a mountain, snowshoeing up a mountain, cycling on country roads, biking to breweries, lifting weights, hiking, and the list goes on.
- I’ve lived in quite a few places. Marshall, MI (0-7yrs) : Cleveland, OH (7-18yrs) : Columbus, OH (18-23yrs) : Charlotte, NC (23-26yrs) : Denver, CO + Fort Collins + back to Denver (26-32)
- Chris and I were married in June of 2008 and have been together since 2003.
- We have two ridiculous dogs. (Kenna lab/great dane) + Dakota (boxer)
- I am on a never ending quest to make this unconventional job path work!
I truly appreciate you stopping by. You keep me inspired and have helped make this blog what it is!