raw buckwheat flour.
cinnamon + ground flax.
Banana Cinnamon Protein Quick Bake [vegan + gluten free]
- 1/2 banana
- 6T raw buckwheat flour
- 3T Raw protein
- 1t cinnamon
- 1T ground flax meal
- 4-8T almond milk*
- Mash the banana until egg-like.
- Add in all other dry ingredients and stir together.
- Mix in the milk, starting with 4T, and adding more until just a soft but thick batter is formed.
- Grease a small microwave safe dish with butter/coconut oil/cooking spray.
- Spoon in the dough [which should be like a very thick muffin batter] and spread evenly.
- Microwave on high for 2-3min, until the center is set. If cooked long enough, the texture will not be at all gummy.
- Release from the dish with a fork.
*recipe adapted 1/19/12 – Almond milk amount may vary, depending on your protein powder. You are looking for a very thick batter, not pour-able.
nutrition stats: [calculated with RAW Protein – 17g protein per 1/4c serving]
cals: 301 fat: 5g carbs: 46g sugar: 7.3g protein: 20.5g fiber: 10g
tips/subs: Oat flour can be subbed for buckwheat. 3T pumpkin puree or 2.5T unsweetened applesauce can be subbed for banana. If adding chopped nuts or chia seeds, add 1T more milk to prevent drying out.