raw buckwheat flour.
cinnamon + ground flax.
Banana Cinnamon Protein Quick Bake
vegan, gluten free
- 1/2 banana
- 6 Tablespoons raw buckwheat flour
- 3 Tablespoons Raw protein
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon ground flax meal
- 4-8 Tablespoons almond milk*
- Mash the banana until egg-like.
- Add in all other dry ingredients and stir together.
- Mix in the milk, starting with 4 Tablespoons, and adding more until just a soft but thick batter is formed.
- Grease a small microwave safe dish with butter/coconut oil/cooking spray.
- Spoon in the dough [which should be like a very thick muffin batter] and spread evenly.
- Microwave on high for 2-3 minutes, until the center is set. If cooked long enough, the texture will not be at all gummy.
- Release from the dish with a fork.
*recipe adapted 1/19/12 – Almond milk amount may vary, depending on your protein powder. You are looking for a very thick batter, not pour-able.
nutrition stats: [calculated with RAW Protein – 17g protein per 1/4c serving]
cals: 301 fat: 5g carbs: 46g sugar: 7.3g protein: 20.5g fiber: 10g
tips/subs: Oat flour can be subbed for buckwheat. 3 Tablespoons pumpkin puree or 2.5 Tablespoons unsweetened applesauce can be subbed for banana. If adding chopped nuts or chia seeds, add 1 Tablespoon more milk to prevent drying out.