I’m a bit short on words + brain power tonight.
So I figure we can just get right down to business.
I really hope you made a batch of yesterday’s chocolate peanut butter.
You did, right?
If not, it’s okay. You still have time.
I made the chocolate peanut butter and these cookies in 30 minutes flat. Then they were both delivered to Natalie for part of her birthday gift. I tested three cookies to make sure they were safe.
And then I tested a fourth.
Yup. Perfectly fine.
- 1c chocolate peanut butter
- 2/3c sucanat/pure cane sugar
- 1 large egg, whisked
- 2t vanilla extract
- 1/3c dark chocolate chips
- 1/4t fine grain salt
- Preheat your oven to 350*.
- In a mixing bowl mix together the peanut butter, sugar, whisked egg, and vanilla until well combined. The batter should form a thick dough that will continue to thicken as it sits for a few minutes.
- Roll into small balls [ping pong ball size], and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Gently press down with a fork, twice, to make a crisscross pattern.
- Bake for 10-14 minutes rotating the pan once, half-way through. Cookies will continue to brown a bit once removed.
- Let fully cool before handling. They will firm up.
*notes: You want to make sure to use natural peanut butter and not the kind that is stiff and stabilized. If using store bought with oil on top, make sure to drain off the oil or completely incorporate it into the nut butter before adding to the recipe. If the dough seems too wet [can’t roll it into a ball] add peanut meal or almond meal [finely ground peanuts/almonds, which you can grind in most blenders or food processors] 1T at a time until just thick enough to roll. If you don’t have the chocolate peanut butter, you can make it by fully incorporating about 2T unsweetened cocoa powder into your natural peanut butter.
I’m pretty sure your Wednesday needs a cookie.
What are you waiting for?
*blog update* I updated yesterday’s post with information on my new feed. I tried to set it up so you don’t have to manually re-subscribe, but that seems to be having issues with my photos and new posts not showing up.
- Update your feeds with the following: http://feeds.feedburner.com/EdiblePerspective
- To update Google Reader, unsubscribe to your current subscription, then re-subscribe using the feed above.
- You can also click here to subscribe to my blog through email, Google Reader, etc.
- You can also access that link by clicking on the RSS icon to the right of the “P” [Pinterest] icon under the “follow” heading in my sidebar.
Check yesterday’s post for a few more details. Also, links to my blog from other sites are still not working. This is going to be quite the long process, but eventually will be solved. Let me know if there is something you can’t find. Thanks everyone!!