I spotted two fantastic things at the store the other day.
- champagne mangos [finally!]
- vibrant red organic strawberries [on sale!]
Both ended up in my cart. As if you had any doubt.
I may have jumped the gun a bit on strawberry season, but I just couldn’t help myself.
Also at the grocery store was a crazy sale on greens. We have lettuce coming out of our ears over here. Lettuce that wants to be dressed in something exciting.
Something more than oil, balsamic, and vinegar. While delicious, it becomes a tad boring day in + day out.
How about a juicy new dressing to spice things up a bit?
Of course I couldn’t use up all of the fresh, ripe fruit in the dressing.
Along with walnuts, cucumbers, and sweet peppers, a handful of chopped strawberries + mangos were tossed on top of the crisp greens.
So much crunch.
Balanced by the creaminess of the dressing.
Champagne Mango + Strawberry Dressing
vegan, gluten-free // yields ~1 1/4 cups
- 1 champagne mango
- 8 med/large strawberries, de-stemmed
- 1/4 cup almond oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons orange juice
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup/honey
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 3/4 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cut the fruit from the champagne mango. There is a tutorial you can follow here.
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Store in a sealed jar in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- Best served on mixed greens or spinach. I used romaine but think the softer lettuce will pair better.
Just a heads up that I may not be around every day this week, posts may be brief [like this one], and comment replies may not happen as quickly. I have to make an unexpected trip back home to Cleveland. Thanks for hanging with me.
- As far as comments go, I have decided to reply within the box of the comment you leave me. Squarespace does not currently offer any type of comment reply or email notification [unless you want to subscribe to comments]. Whenever I have a reply for your comment it will be directly under your comment. It will look like this: “Ashley—> my reply back to you…” If you have a question, I will definitely reply, so check back within 0-48hrs for the response. I will also try to email the response if it is an important question about a recipe.
- Don’t forget to subscribe to my new feed if you haven’t already. You can also subscribe by email on that page. If you just want to copy and paste the new feed into Google Reader, etc. here it is: http://feeds.feedburner.com/EdiblePerspective I’m going to be deleting the old feed in the next day or two, to help avoid confusion.
- All of my links should now be working. Thank you SO much for your patience. I had to redirect every single one manually. I’m so very happy that is done. If you happen to find a link that is not working just let me know. Thanks!
- From March 1st – January 5th, about 50% of the posts don’t have photos. Something happened during the blog import and they didn’t come through. I need to open each post and re-insert them. This may take a week or so to finish.