Is it possible I don’t have as simple a recipe as that?
Set your oven to 300* for optimal roasting.
Almonds take 18-22min, stirring 1-2x.
Roasted Salted Almond Butter
- 2.5c raw, unsalted almonds
- 1/2t fine grain sea salt
- Set your oven to 300* and spread almonds on a large baking sheet.
- Roast for 18-22 minutes, until golden brown, stirring 1-2x.
- Remove and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Add to your food processor and process, scraping down the sides as necessary.
- Process for 6-12min, continuing to scrape as needed. Once it smoothes out add the salt and process for another 1-2min until drippy.
notes: 2.5c [max] almonds works best with an 11c food processor. For a 7c, use 1.5c nuts and for a 9c, use 2c nuts. Oil should not be necessary if almonds are still warm from roasting.
If you’re looking for something a little jazzier, check out the list of over 20 nut butters on my recipe page.