Oh hey. Remember me?
The girl who posts recipes?
Well, I’m back. Back after a very busy [but fun!] weekend.
Back with a recipe you need to make TOday!
I realize it’s not officially summer, but I’m still calling this summer guacamole. If the weather doesn’t feel like summer where you are, eating this surely will.
My fascination with avocado is at an all-time high.
I apologize if you are not a fan.
It started with this.
Which then led to this.
And now we have this.
It was just the next obvious step.
Summer Guacamole [serves 2-4]
- 1 large avocado
- 1 lime [~1 Tbsp juice]
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp strawberries, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp blueberries
- 2oz soft goat cheese
- 1 Tbsp green onion, finely diced
- 1/2 Tbsp jalapeno, de-seeded + finely diced [optional]
- 3/4 tsp raw honey
- 1/4 + 1/8 tsp salt
- Mash the avocado with 1/2 Tbsp of the lime juice and honey.
- Gently fold in the strawberries, blueberries, green onion, jalapeno, and salt.
- Crumble the goat cheese over top and gently fold in.
- Place in a bowl and top with 1/2 Tbsp lime juice and a sprinkle of sea salt. Optional – Top with more blueberries and diced strawberries if desired.
note: Add more jalapeno if desired. The spice level can really vary so be careful when adding. The lime juice is added for flavor and to help prevent browning. Store tightly wrapped in the fridge but best when served immediately.
This guacamole pairs really well with a spicy chipotle tortilla chip!
Slightly sweet + tangy, with a juicy bite, and a little kick of heat.
Like summer on a chip!