We took a visit to Lake Erie.
I went on my typical daily walks.
I kicked back + relaxed.
And caught up on some sweet TV with Jenna.
I made a very important shopping trip!
I went to my cousin’s baby shower. We’re rarely home at the same time, so I was thrilled to make it in for her shower.
AJ and I cruised around town taking his SENIOR photos. Cannot believe this kid is 17!
Happy Birthday AJ!
The cocoa almond spread taste like brownie batter on a spoon.
I am addicted to raw carrots and have been for two years.
The whole family visited my grandpa’s gravesite at the cemetery and we brought flowers.
I made my dad a gigantic father’s day card.
I wrapped his gift in pink tissue paper. You should see his collection of pink clothing!
And then I made coconut milk rice pudding. We ate this for dessert, and I’ve already called dibs on the leftovers for breakfast. Stay outta’ my bowl!
Coconut Milk Rice Pudding with Roasted Berries [serves ~6]
- 1 cup dry short grain brown rice
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin unrefined coconut oil
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 4 Tbsp raw honey [or maple syrup]
- pinch of salt
- 2 cups berries
- 3/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Melt the coconut oil over medium heat in a pot.
- Once hot, add the brown rice and stir frequently for 3-5 minutes until the rice is lightly toasted.
- Add the water, turn the heat to med-high, stir, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer and cover with a tight fitting lid for 50 minutes. Do not stir or remove the lid while cooking. After 50 minutes, turn the heat off, move to a cool burner, and let sit for 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- About 1/2 way through cooking the rice, preheat your oven to 400*
- Spread [in a single layer] your washed + de-stemmed berries on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Roast for 25-30 minutes and place in a bowl after they’re done.
- Spread the coconut onto a clean baking sheet and bake for about 4-8min, checking on it every 1 minute. Stir once or twice. It will brown very quickly.
- After fluffing the rice stir in 3/4 cups of coconut milk, honey, and salt, and turn on med-low heat.
- Stir frequently for 15-20min until the mixture starts to thicken.
- Serve hot with roasted fruit on top + toasted coconut or chill both and serve cold. You can also mix the fruit into the rice if desired.
- If chilling the pudding, you will need to stir in about 1/4 cup more [cold] coconut milk before serving, as it thickens in the refrigerator. Or, if you chill it and then want to reheat and serve warm, add the 1/4 cup coconut milk with the rice and heat over med-low in a pot.
notes: I used a mix of strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries.
[I feel lost without my tripod for food photos!!]
Little bit o’ crunch.
My dream dessert or breakfast.
Happy father’s day. <3