It was like a bajillion degrees here today.
Literally 101 degrees.
There is no way the oven is being turned on. I refuse. We have a small house with no A/C. Luckily, it stays pretty shaded, has 14 windows, and 3 overhead fans.
But when it’s 101 degrees outside the amount of windows and fans you have doesn’t really matter.
It’s just freaking HOT.
This is a simple + filling summer snack, perfect for the days when you don’t want to turn your oven on. Or, turn it into a meal by dumping it on a bed of lettuce with the avocado, adding more beans, and a drizzle of balsamic.
Salsa Stuffed Avocado
- 1-3 avocados
- 1.5 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup tomato, diced
- 3 Tbsp red onion, diced
- 1/3 cup peach, diced
- 1/4 cup red pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup corn
- 1/2 cup black beans, rinsed + drained
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Slice + pit the avocados and lightly rub with a cut lime or a little lime juice.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and toss together.
- Top on as many avocados as you like and serve. You can serve with tortilla chips.
- Store salsa mixture in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
notes: Mango, nectarine, or pineapple would all work well in place of peaches.
It has been a whirlwind of a day. I’m off to California tomorrow morning and will be back later in the week. My apologies for emails + comments that may go unanswered for the next few days. I’m not taking my computer along but will check in on things from my phone.
I’m hoping to get another blog post ready for this week, but we’ll see how the rest of the night goes. Thanks for hanging with me!!