I’ve been a porch painting machine this week. Also caulking, spackling, sanding, priming, + so forth.
All of that on top of an already busy week equals a tired + brainless Ashley. And guess what slick move I made today? While painting the ceiling of the porch a gigantic glob of paint fell right onto my eyeball. So that was fun…
Despite my brainless brain, I have a little recipe to share with you.
Just be thankful you aren’t getting the recipe for chilled coconut soup I made the other day. Two versions were made, one which I hemmed + hawed about sharing and one which I promptly spit into the sink. We’re just not even gonna’ go there.
gluten-free, dairy-free (vegan option)
- 2 avocados
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon curry
- 2.5 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon cayenne [optional]
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Slice and pit the avocados and scrape the pulp into a bowl.
- Add in all the other ingredients and mash until just combined. [Or if you prefer, mash until creamy.]
- Garnish with a little extra red onion and sprinkle of curry if desired.
notes: Sub maple syrup or agave for the honey to make this vegan.
Chip tested + approved.
Thanks for the feedback on my “day to day” post. I enjoyed hearing from you all. That series will continue soon!
Time to scrub paint off my arms + legs and collapse into bed.