Talk about restraint when photographing.
Double Banana, Banana Bread French Toast
gluten-free // serves 1
- 2, thick slices of gluten free banana bread
- 1/2 medium banana, mashed until egg-like
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil/butter/ghee/oil for cooking
- In a wide bowl whisk the egg, milk, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt together.
- Add in the mashed banana and whisk together.
- Soak both slices of bread in the bowl for about 3 minutes.
- Gently flip and soak for another 3 minutes.
- Heat an 8-10” skillet over medium heat and add the oil.
- Once hot, place the soaked bread in the pan and cook for about 4-5 minutes until deep golden brown.
- Gently flip and cook for another 4-5 minutes.
- Eat as is [delicious without any topping!] or top with banana nut butter spread, butter, maple syrup, etc.
I just didn’t think words were necessary for this post.
edited to add:
Just wanted to include a few vegan friendly french toast recipes! All are egg-free + dairy free and the 4th recipe is both vegan and gluten free.