1. Once in awhile it's okay to not put a million handfuls of spinach into your smoothie.
2. Coconut milk smoothies are so richly satisfying.
3. Fancy is fun!
4. So is celebrating. Anything! Big or small.
5. Two are better than one. Typically.
ice cream flavors
slices of cake
6. Breakfast can be pretty + delicious at the same time.
7. I have a thing for shadows. Also refer to photo #2.
Sunrise Celebration Smoothies gluten-free, vegan // yields  ~1 1/2 cup smoothies, or  1/2 cup smoothies
- 1/2 cup full-fat canned coconut milk
- 1/4-1/2 cup lite canned coconut milk
- 1 heaping cup frozen strawberries
- 1-3 teaspoons honey/agave/maple syrup
- 1/4 cup full-fat canned coconut milk
- 1/2-3/4 cup lite canned coconut milk
- 1 cup frozen mango
- 3/4 cup frozen pineapple
- 1 medium frozen banana
- 1-2 teaspoons honey/agave/maple syrup
- Blend the strawberry layer ingredients until smooth, adding more lite coconut milk if needed to keep the mixture moving. Add sweetener to your taste. You want the mixture as thick as possible.
- Place in a large cup/mug and set in the freezer while making the next layer.
- Blend the tropical layer ingredients until smooth, adding more lite coconut milk if needed to keep the mixture moving. Add sweetener to your taste. You want the mixture as thick as possible.
- Fill a glass up 1/3 of the way with the strawberry layer and then gently spoon the tropical layer over top. Some of the tropical layer will sink into the strawberry layer but if it's thick enough it will start to pile on top.
- Serve + enjoy!
tip: Amount of sweetener needed will vary depending on how tart your fruit is. Adjust to your liking.
9. This has been our craziest year ever.
10. All the more reason to celebrate!
Cheers! Here's to the next 5 together with YOU! Happy Anniversary, husband. xoxo