Isn’t it weird how sometimes time flies by and sometimes it crawls. Like, when you’re giving a 3 minute speech and it seems like an hour. Or, on the other hand how the weekend is over in the blink of an eye.
While this past year has been a time-warped-whirlwind, it seems like it’s taken forever to get to the actual release of the book!
Receiving the book in the mail, flipping through the pages, and reading your excited + supportive comments has really started to make this a reality. The book is coming out! Finally! Well, in just a few short weeks.
I thought it would be fun to have a few posts giving you an insider look at the book and answering questions I’ve received the past few months.
Also, there’s a giveaway to top it all off! With TWO winners!! And, you not only get a signed copy of Baked Doughnuts for Everyone, but you also get a Wilton doughnut pan and measuring spoon set!!
Things you’ll find in Baked Doughnuts for Everyone:
- Simplicity! Almost every single recipe uses only 2 bowls, a spoon, a whisk, doughnut ingredients, and your doughnut pan.
- Tips & Tricks! This is where I specify the oil + milk I like to use, what tool can help release your doughnuts more easily from the pan, an explanation of coconut cream, a quick tutorial on making your own powdered sugar, and so much more!
- Flour details: Get the skinny on each type of flour I use throughout the book. You’ll even find a substitute for gluten-free oat flour. [pssst! You can sub all-purpose GF flour if you can’t tolerate oat flour!]
- 101 doughnut recipes PLUS a bonus EIGHT vegan + gluten-free recipes at the end of the book.
- In the More Than a Doughnut chapter, you’ll see how to turn doughnuts into an actual meal, how to make doughnut stuffed ice cream [!!!!], how to make doughnuts for your dog, etc. This chapter was such a fun addition to this book!
- 50+ photos – Photographing only doughnuts for a cookbook had its challenges. I tried to get creative and vary the styling, angles, and colors as much as possible. I’m thrilled with how they turned out and hope you are, too!
- Endorsements! I couldn’t thank these bloggers + friends enough for their kind + thoughtful words! On the back cover and first page of the book you’ll see endorsements from: Joy – Joy the Baker, Sara – Sprouted Kitchen, Jessica – How Sweet It Is, Todd & Diane – White on Rice Couple, Nicole – Gluten-Free on a Shoestring, Lisa – With Style & Grace, Gretchen – Kumquat, and Jenny – Picky Palate.
- 9 Chapters including:
- Baked Doughnut Basics – Tips + tricks and details on all the flours I use in the book.
- Doughnut Shop Standbys – Classic doughnut flavors you know + love.
- Fruit-filled Treats – Doughnuts bursting with fruity goodness.
- Fragrant & Spiced Delights – think: pumpkin spice, apple cider, chocolate cayenne, and more!
- Classic Combinations – just to name a few: s’mores, rocky road, orange creamsicle, and almond joy
- Decadent Indulgences – If you have a major sweet tooth, this will be your favorite chapter.
- Savory Specialties – Yes! An entire savory doughnut chapter! Think: asiago cheese doughnuts, cornbread doughnuts, everything doughnuts, vegan green chili doughnuts, etc.
- Healthed-Up Hits – These doughnuts are on the lighter side, but just as delicious.
- More Than a Doughnut – See that doughnut stacked birthday cake in the photo above? Are you ready for doughnut eggs benedict? Doughnut French toast? You’ll find those and more in this chapter!
- Vegan Variations: At the end of the book there is also a bonus chapter with 8 vegan variations on the most popular doughnuts! There are also FOUR other vegan doughnuts throughout the book. With those 12 vegan + gluten-free doughnut recipes you should be able to adapt others from there or create your own! [I recently featured the Vegan Buttermilk Glazed Doughnuts recipe on the blog. Check it out!]
- Resources: An entire section telling you where to look for all of the ingredients + tools I use throughout the book.
- Acknowledgements, About the Author, Index: Typical book things, but the acknowledgement page is a special one for me. So many people to thank, including all of YOU!
Where can you find the book? Official release date: October 1st
As of now, Baked Doughnuts for Everyone can be pre-ordered from these online retailers:
- The Peppercorn – Boulder, CO
- The Cupboard – Fort Collins, CO – Book signing September 28th [more details soon!]
More coming soon!
And now…a handful of extra photos that didn’t make the cut [due to page limits]!
Blueberry Glazed Doughnuts with crumb topping
Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Doughnuts with strawberries, chocolate, and toasted coconut
Buttermilk Chocolate + Vanilla Doughnuts with plain + chocolate powdered sugar topping
A variety of doughnuts you’ll see throughout the book!
Cookies + Cream Doughnuts with butter cream cookie frosting
Jalapeno Cheddar Doughnuts with creamy cheddar cheese sauce
Buttermilk Doughnuts with chocolate frosting + sprinkles
Buckeye Doughnut Ice Cream with peanut butter doughnut chunks
And, last but not least a few behind-the-scenes shots of the dogs! If you can believe it, not one doughnut was swiped by either dog during the entire process. They actually stayed pretty far from the table I shot these photos on.
Sometimes Dakota sits and stares from a far, but on this particular day she came in for a closer look. Can you blame her?
Here are the blooper photos from the “dog doughnut” recipe! Kenna was literally scared to get near the table. She had the brakes on and wouldn’t get in the frame for the shot! I had to do some major coaxing and took about 300 photos to get the final shot. Such a strange dog she is.
But really, she must have enjoyed this, don’t you think?
TWO winners will each receive:
- 1 signed copy of Baked Doughnuts for Everyone
- 1 standard Wilton standard doughnut pan
- 1 set of measuring spoons
Giveaway is open to readers in the US, Canada, and UK.
TWO ways to enter:
- Follow Edible Perspective on Facebook, Instagram, and/or Twitter [1 or all 3] and leave a comment telling you did so. Already a follower? Leave a comment letting me know!
- Leave a 2nd comment telling me your favorite doughnut flavor!
Giveaway will end 9/15 at 8pm EST and winners will be announced next week!
Thank you all so very much! I hope you are as excited as I am!! More details and another giveaway coming soon.