- 1/2 cup raw/light buckwheat flour
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/16 teaspoon clove
- 1 large egg
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted + slightly cooled
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350* F [365-370* around 5,000’ elevation] and grease 2, 4-inch baking dishes.
- Whisk together the buckwheat flour, almond meal, cinnamon, baking powder, ginger, nutmeg, salt, and clove.
- In another bowl whisk the egg, milk, pumpkin, and maple syrup together until fully combined.
- Whisk in the coconut oil and vanilla until combined and pour into the dry ingredients.
- Whisk until just combined. Do not over-mix.
- Pour evenly into the greased baking dishes and bake for 28-33 minutes.
- Test with a toothpick for doneness, then let cool for 5 minutes.
- Loosen edges with a knife and turn out onto a plate. Top with nut butter, maple syrup, coconut butter, etc. and eat. Or, let fully cool, wrap well, and store in the fridge for up to 5 days.
It’s also time to check out a giveaway for my cookbook over at Goodreads! If you’re on Goodreads come find me!
Giveaway ends 9/30!
Happy Friday, friends. Make it a good one.