Back as promised!!
I have an extremely simple recipe to share with you today.
While reading Heather’s blog the other day, I saw her recipe for 2 ingredient Carob Fudge and was immediately intrigued. I tried carob for the first time only a few months ago. It has an interesting flavor slightly similar, but nuttier, than chocolate. You can read more about carob, here. Heather recently eliminated chocolate from her diet, in trying to help with her adorable baby’s gas problems. ;)
As soon as I saw her post, I knew this simple recipe had to be made! However, adding peanut butter, was a must!
It has a creamy silky texture, that melts, as soon as it hits your mouth.
This isn’t like traditional fudge. It’s not quite as thick and definitely not as sweet. The best part is, it takes less than 10min to make! Although you do have to wait for it to solidify in the fridge. Or, you could also just eat it warm + drippy with a spoon! I did both.
I’m already dreaming of what you could use it on…
- ice cream
- banana soft serve
- muffins or cookies
- nut butter + jelly sandwich
Peanut Butter Carob Fudge [adapted from HEAB]
- 1.5c carob chips [or sub dark chocolate chips]
- 1/2c creamy peanut butter
- 1/2t cinnamon
- 1t vanilla extract
- 1/3t salt
- 1 can, full fat coconut milk [or 3T coconut cream + 1 1/4c water or 3T coconut butter + 1 1/4c water]
- In a medium saucepan, combine all ingredients, and turn the heat on low. Watch closely so it doesn’t burn!
- Stir ingredients until completely melted and combined.
- Pour into an ungreased 8x8 pan [you can line with parchment if you like].
- Refrigerate until solidified + store in a sealed container in the fridge.
If your first container is too small, add the fudge to another container, and give it to a friend.
They will love you forever.
Obviously, I HAD to try this on my oats this morning!!
In the mix:
- Bob’s Red Mill high fiber cereal
- water + almond milk
- 1/2 banana
- 1t cinnamon
- unsweetened coconut
- carob fudge glob!!
I enjoyed this much more than any of the chocolate peanut butters I have tried.
Now maybe I should work on my recipes page…
See you tomorrow!