Did you catch on this morning’s post, when I said that I made TWO almond butters yesterday?
I processed 3 cups of roasted almonds into plain almond butter. Then, I emptied them into a bowl and used 1/2 for the coconut almond butter and half for this next almond butter.
I made the coconut almond butter first, and then got busy on #2. No need to clean out the bowl, just scrape it as best you can. Now if you decide to make a chocolate nut butter, or something with a strong flavor, you may want to clean it before starting on the second. :)
I did something completely new + different with this. I was talking to Emily and asked if she had any nut butter ideas. She said, recently she tried a savory almond butter that was completely addicting. I’ve been meaning to make a savory nut butter, but always forget!
A few months ago, I became obsessed with smoked paprika. If you’ve never tried it, you must!! It’s not spicey but has an amazing smokiness that is good on just about anything…except breakfast…although you could put it on eggs. ;)
Almonds + smoked paprika work. Trust me!
Smoked Paprika Almond Butter
- 1.5c raw almonds [~1c raw almond butter]
- 1/4-1/2t salt
- 1-1.5t smoked paprika
- ground black pepper [about 10 cranks]
- 1/3t garlic powder
- 2t honey
- Set your oven to 325* and roast almonds, on a pan, in a single layer. This should take about 15min, stirring 1-2x, until golden brown.
- Let cool 5min
- Add to your food processor and process until drippy, scraping the bowl as needed. This should take between 6-10min. Oil should not be necessary.
- Add in salt, smoked paprika, black pepper and garlic powder.
- Process and scrape as needed, until well combined and drippy.
- Taste and add more seasoning to your liking.
- Add in the honey and process again until smooth.
*The honey is barely detectable, but adds just a hint of sweetness that pairs very well with the smoky, savory flavor. Feel free to leave it out if you want.
*It’s always best to start by adding less seasoning than more. Taste as you go and add more to suite your taste.
This is addicting, in a whole new way.
How to use?
- toasted bagel with avocado
- savory oatmeal
- carrots , broccoli + other veggies
- salad topping
- sweet taters
What would you put this on?
I should currently be at the house putting cabinets together, and most likely losing my mind.
Hope you’re having a great Thursday.
WAIT. It’s Thursday. Already?? Is that really possible?????