Not really though. I’m actually feeling quite calm. A bit stressed, but everything with the house will all eventually be done. We might have to be inconvenienced without a complete kitchen + with boxes piled around, but those are things we can deal with. It will all be worth it soon!
The arches have been dry-walled and the 1/2 wall has been extended out. Soon I will be able to paint over what is left of the yellow.
View from the kitchen as of Saturday.
View from the kitchen as of Wednesday. Exciting!!!!
The plumber came today, can you tell??
Washing machine plumbing to the left, ice + water box to the bottom right, facing into the kitchen.
Michelle stopped by to say hi + give me a ride home. :) Tomorrow, I will be riding my bike to the house. It’s about 3 miles from where we currently live. It will be the first day I don’t have to haul paint to the house, so the bike is doable!
I got home around 2pm and actually relaxed for a little while, which was lovely.
Then I got busy in the kitchen because my nut butter supply was all out!
Ooops! Still have the wide-angle lens on from the house! Light bounce to the left!
I <3 almonds.
I also love wide angle lenses.
Wide-angle off, Tamron 28-75mm f2.8, on!
So what was in today’s batch?
A stellar combination.
I combined coconut butter + almond butter into ONE!
I actually started by making a large batch of plain almond butter. Then I split it in half to make 2 different almond butter recipes. It’s so fun to do this and not much extra work at all.
After butterizing the almonds, I scraped out the food processor bowl, and added in 2c of unsweetened shredded coconut. I didn’t have to clean the processor from the leftover bits of almond butter, since I was combining the 2 anyways.
This is what the coconut butter will look like. It is extremely drippy!
I also added cinnamon, vanilla, salt and a drizzle of honey. It’s extremely thick + creamy. I’m curious to see if it hardens from the coconut butter, which becomes hard at room temp.
We’ll see in the morning!
Coconut Almond Butter
- 1.5c raw almonds
- 2c unsweetened, shredded coconut
- 1.5t vanilla
- 2t cinnamon
- 1/4t salt
- 2t honey [optional]
- Set your oven to 325* and roast almonds, on a pan, in a single layer. This should take about 15min, stirring 1-2x, until golden brown.
- Let cool 5min
- Add to your food processor and process until drippy, scraping the bowl as needed. This should take between 6-10min. Oil should not be necessary.
- Scrape out the almond butter into a bowl.
- Add coconut to the food processor and process until drippy. This should take about 5min.
- Add almond butter back in with the coconut butter and process until combined and smooth.
- Add in vanilla, cinnamon + salt.
- Process and scrape as needed, until well combined and drippy.
- Add in the honey and process again until smooth.
The almond butter is eating the spoon!
Breakfast can’t come soon enough!