1. Something fun to drink. Nothing says classy like boxed wine! Seriously though, Bota Box has some great wines. This Shiraz is our favorite and it’s a pretty killer deal. 1 box = 4 bottles = $18.99 Mix up your favorite cocktail, sparkling juice, wine, beer, whatever. Some sort of drink is needed.
2. A fun + simple menu. I often forget how spectacular simple meals are. I first had planned to make a new stuffed pepper recipe but was running a little late finishing up computer work, dogs walks, shower, etc. So to prevent stressing myself out, I scratched the first idea and made things super simple.
Possibly gross your guests out when you stand on the table to take a bird’s eye view photo.
3. Have at least one hearty component [to soak up the wine!]. I made 2 batches of herb quinoa oat bread. I know it looks pretty thin but this is a filling + versatile flatbread that is a cinch to make. I have a few other versions under “breads” on my recipe page. You can use this as a base for pizza, making sandwiches, with eggs, or for spreading with avocado. You can even put it in the toaster! [vegan + gf]
4. Healthy fats are filling + delicious. I mashed 2 large avocados [for 3 of us] and sprinkled it with salt, pepper, and a hefty squeeze of lemon. My plan was to make avocado open-faced sandwiches with a big green salad and a multitude of toppings.
5. It’s all about the toppings! Don’t be afraid to ask your guests to bring something fun from their fridge to contribute. We had: zucchini, goat cheese, green onion, pepitas, grape tomatoes, slicing tomatoes, mushrooms, carrots, and homemade herb dressing.
6. Take photos of the pretty ladies.
7. Chow down.
Dakota joined us after dinner.
8. Dessert! This went un-photographed but was super simple. I cut up a dark chocolate Easter bunny and served it on a cutting board. We nibbled, sipped wine, and chatted to end the evening.
Simple, fun, and stress free!
Enjoy the weekend!